Go-Karting & more: Las Vegas - Results Are In!

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Go-Karting & more: Las Vegas - Results Are In!

Post by Lawndart » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:15 pm

Among the many things to do in Las Vegas, aside from itself, a weekend incl. premiering our new movie at Regal Cinemas and watching & meeting the real Thunderbirds at their season finale for three days, we also went Go-Karting! Las Vegas' own Sinister was the fan favorite; however, with the rest of the pack determined with only one goal in mind (think you all know what!), Sin will be scratching his head and thinking about greener pastures for about another year. The results are in and while hometown hero, Sinister, may be pulling his hair out for us posting this, we had a great time and look forward to beating you next year again! :wink:

From left to right: Rock, Sinister, Striker, Burner, Lawndart, Gunner and Redeye.

Day 1 racing results: By 0.01 seconds, LD claims the total victory from Sinister (who was in total disbelief)! :P

Day 2 racing results: Burner shows that yesterday was a fluke and closes the door for Sinister to rebound and making him ponder this for one more year!

Suited up in a protective armor of air, like the Michelin Man... NOT! The last race resembled bumper cars more than clean, gentleman-like racing. Only difference was, we did it at 50 mph!

Pit lane, just moments before the mayhem broke loose! Eerily calm...

Rock pulling out of pit lane ahead of the pack. Must have been one of few times the road ahead was clear... :wink:

Redeye rounding the corner. Surprised and terrified at the same time, we all watched as he held a good lane even after removing his lenses and driving blind for nearly 20 laps! :lol:

Striker (#8 ), moving in for the kill on Rock (#20 ). Although the guy behind him (unknown fella, not one of ours! :lol: ), took the brunt of Striker's rage before the checkered flag! :shock: :lol:

Winner's podium Day 2: 1st place: Burner, 2nd: Lawndart and 3rd: Sinister.

Afterwards, the "VTB Kids - Make a Wish Foundation" granted a very sad little boy this picture to help ease the pain
of having to eat this up for an entire year. Thanks for a great time Sinister and being such a good sport!
"If you're not first, you're last!"
Last edited by Lawndart on Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:23 pm

LMAO!!!! THAT WAS A BLAST!
Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:11 pm

LOL! Too much fun! Can't wait till next year :D
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:13 pm

Burner A.K.A. Grizzy Adams....
Burner

Post by Burner » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:56 pm

Rhino wrote:Burner A.K.A. Grizzy Adams....
AKA Greased Lightning (with a beard)
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:59 pm

That was a hoot....gonna wear my glasses next time cause i couldn't see all the guys i was passing! Thanks Sinister for a great time!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:35 pm

More pictures from the rest of the trip will come later in our image gallery, but here are a few more from our off-base escapades.

Day 1 Go-Kart racing lineup. From the left: Rock, Sinister, Lawndart, Striker and Burner.

We don't call him "Burner" for nothing, but Day 1 he had a major flameout! :lol: :P

View of Las Vegas from the top of the Stratosphere at night. 1,149 feet in the air! Click here to read more about the thrill rides at the top of this tower!

Observation deck. Of course facing in the direction of Nellis AFB and the Thunderbirds! 8)
Left to right: Striker, Burner, Lawndart, Sinister and Rock.

The BIG SHOT! At the very top of the Stratosphere sits this ride that will pull you skyward with an instantaneous 4G's at 50 mph and then pull you back down again
with 0G's. Lots of airtime baby! Most wicked part: You're already starting from an altitude of 921 feet before you get shot straight up the tower!
I don't care what you think, but that's scary s#*t! :shock:

...and as you can tell, people react differently under high G-loads! :lol: :lol: :lol:

...some (see Sinister) even decides to cough the very same exact moment the ride unleashes its upward force. Once again Sin, I'm sorry for posting,
but this is hilarious!

"Admission to the top of the tower, $9.95."
"Ticket for the BIG SHOT, $8.00."
"Having uncontrollable bodily functions under high acceleration... PRICELESS!"

Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:06 pm

haha. Looks like fun :D
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Tailhook » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:13 pm

holy crap you guys have given me a new place to go when at Vegas baby! :lol: . Glad to see you all had a great time!!!!!!!!, that tower looks outta this world considering it makes somebody sing at high altitude :D , im gonna try it. And oh yeah, who are the two girls in the backround?!?!?!?!? lol
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Viper101 wrote:And oh yeah, who are the two girls in the backround?!?!?!?!?
The Virtual Thunderchickn's Cheerleading Squad! :P
Last edited by Lawndart on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Do they do autographs? Oh you guys to :D
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:08 pm

no i dont mind... I knew this was coming sooner or later.. But I must point out for everyone to look at the actual times .. it wasnt like i got spanked by 30 seconds or more... but the kick in the nuts part is that it was only by 1/1000th of a second. Still I was beaten fair and square, and next time I will have my JAMES BOND KIT installed on my kart.. complete with OIL SLICK for the cars behind me that are creeping up ... and Paintball Machine gun mounted on the front to PELT any driver in front of me.. The battles were good, and alot of fun..By next year i think i will have a little more weight on my bones to add to the traction in those turns...
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:21 pm

The Bigshot this year was alot of fun, Sucks that Burner was the only one with Balls enough to get the EXTREME with me.. I am glad that you guys had a good time..Yeah the picture is pretty jacked up..But I guess I have to live with it.. I was just glad that the guy finally came back around and pushed and locked my restraint down.. That part worried me the most because he didnt really give a shit... while me and ROCK was yelling for him to come over and lock me in before they launched us... NOT COOL!!!

Great times with you all...seems like we have been best friends forever, the way everyone just came together..no ice to break or anything...But I have to throw it in your face, and burner can back me up .. YOU GUYS MISSED OUT BY NOT MEETING UP WITH US ON THE LAST NIGHT.....TRUST ME !!! :shock:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:32 pm

Lap 8 is where you lost it Sinister (day 1 racing)! Had you not posted a terrible lap time of 34.90 that lap, the tables would have been turned for sure. With my victory margin of one hundredth of a second, it wouldn't have taken much! Btw, I would have stayed longer if I could have (had to be at work early the next day), but sounds like you guys had a blast! :wink: :P :P